June 26, 2009

Yesterday, the entertainment world reeled from the loss of two of its most memorable characters. Micheal Jackson (50) and Farrah Fawcett(61) both passed away yesterday. In memorial, I would like to share with you a poem by Emily Dickenson called "Because I could not stop for death". When someone is lost before their time, it always brings this to mind

"Because I could not stop for Death –
He kindly stopped for me –
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –
And Immortality.
We slowly drove – He knew no haste
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too,
For His Civility –
We passed the School, where Children strove
At Recess – in the Ring –
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain –
We passed the Setting Sun –
Or rather – He passed us –
The Dews drew quivering and chill –
For only Gossamer, my Gown –
My Tippet – only Tulle –
We paused before a House that seemed
A Swelling of the Ground –
The Roof was scarcely visible –
The Cornice – in the Ground –
Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet
Feels shorter than the Day
I first surmised the Horses' Heads
Were toward Eternity – "


Personal feelings asside as far as Micheal Jackson is concerned, he was really too young to be departing this world, at least I think so. Probably because he was my dad's age. And Farrah fawcett, I know she has been struggling for some years with cancer but you know she was such a vibrant person, she reminded me alot of my aunt linda. It really is hard to imagine that someone so vivacious is gone.

No comments: